Wednesday, July 29, 2009

NVAX

NVAX, a long-term influenza play, surged again today, despite no news. An FDA vaccine committee meeting is occurring today, but I don't expect any orders or EUA to come out of it. Without any major catalysts in the near-term horizon, I decided to take some profits, after effectively doubling my money in two months. I will leave the rest on the table as NVAX VLP technology gains traction in Spain and Indian, and potentially with the rest of the world. The NVAX value proposition is a faster time to vaccine manufacturing, higher yields, and reduced manufacturing cost from disposable systems.

Other swine flu companies are consolidating after a huge run up. I anticipate another leg up as awareness of its virulence gains media attention. It's all house money at this point, so I will let the market run its course into the fall flu season.

No comments:

Post a Comment