Saturday, February 28, 2009

Stop-Loss

My trailing stops for 2 of the 3 gold mining share purchases were stopped out yesterday. I lost 25% off the top, so my locked in profits were about 75% since November--still pretty good. I will have 1/3 position that I'm long on, so that is still in play. If gold retraces to $850, I will buy another mining company as I build my positions for a long-term bull run.

Meanwhile, other commodities are looking to form a base as they retested 2008 lows, but bounced off those levels. With the credit crisis still in play, my nibbles earlier in oil and commodities were early, but long-term, higher prices seem imminent, however prolonged.

On a side note, I was shocked at how high bread prices were at the grocery store, given we are still in a deflationary environment. I saw loaves of bread going for almost $5. I'd hate to think how much bread costs if we enter an era of inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment