Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Unfunded US government liabilities

This is an old theme, but needs repeating: the US government is bankrupt, so our financial leaders feel compelled to keep printing US Dollars like confetti.

http://www.sprott.com/Docs/MarketsataGlance/MAAG_10_2009.pdf

The countermeasure to protect your purchasing power when currency debasement occurs is not well-traveled, but is becoming increasingly transparent: buy real assets.

Countertrends will reappear occasionally, but the trajectory of the dollar is well-established.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Greg,
    I like your blog, do you post your
    positions anywhere in the blog,
    I like to know your view on the market.
    thanks
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks moderator. I reveal my long or short positions at the end of most of my posts if I do hold a position in a particular asset--for disclosure purposes.

    Also, on the right sidebar, I also include a disclaimer for readers to perform their own due diligence. I avoid declaring specific position sizes and limits for obvious reasons--these are not recommendations. They are my opinions and I often enclose publicly available links of news items.

    ReplyDelete